|Bemidji Town & Country Club Online Newsletter - 08/11/14
MEN'S AND WOMEN'S CLUB TOURNAMENT
Saturday, August 16 and Sunday, August 17
Saturday - First Round
Tee times starting at 8:30.
Players may make their own groups, (Play anytime Saturday) See Rick for restrictions.
Sunday - Second Round
9:00 AM Shotgun
36 holes net score in each flight (18 holes each day). Men's, Senior Men's and Women's Club Champion determined by gross score.
• Men's Championship
• Sr. Men's Championship - 55 and older
• Women's Flights
• Men's Flights
$35.00 includes prizes and lunch after golf on Sunday.
SIGN UP NOW!
Sign up by calling the golf shop or email me at email@example.com. Make sure to include your flight. Don't Miss this Great Event!
• Friday, August 15th - Couples Golf (5:00 Shotgun)
• Wednesday, August 20th - Women's Golf Scramble (Course open until 3:00, limited evening golf)
• Friday, August 22nd - Chamber YPN (Course Open All Day)
• Friday, August 22nd - Couples Golf (5:00 Shotgun)
• Sunday, August 24th – BTCC Parent-Grandparent/Child Event (3:00pm shotgun start, 9 Holes)
• Monday, August 25th - Boy's & Girl's Club (Course open until 10:00, limited PM times)
• Tuesday, August 26th - Tuesday Nite League "Tournament of Champions"
• Tuesday-Wednesday, August 26-27 - Junior Club Tournament
• Friday, August 29th - Couples Golf (5:00 Shotgun)
• Sat-Mon, Aug 30 / Sept 1 - Vandersluis Memorial (Evening golf available)
Bunker Renovation and Irrigation Project Reminder
Tuesday, August 12th, Duininck Corporation will begin our 2014 Master Plan Project. The following letter was sent to the membership in May.
In 2011 a survey was completed by Golf Convergence, a consulting company from Colorado. Bunker improvements were listed as an area of very high importance by both members and general public who were surveyed. This information led the Master Plan committee to recommend a bunker renovation project. The design of the project was done by Golf Course Architect, Kevin Norby.
Last spring the Board voted to begin a three year maintenance and renovation project of our bunkers. This project was to be completed in-house with our own grounds maintenance staff. We began with holes #1 and #7, but do to the extreme conditions we faced with our greens; resources were dedicated to their recovery rather than more bunker improvements.
After analyzing our efficiency with the bunker project as well as equipment needs required to continue, we moved forward and requested bids from major contractors to complete this work. After receiving these bids the Green Committee recommended accepting a proposal to complete the work on our bunkers in one year rather than disrupt play for two or three seasons. The bunker project was also scaled back to concentrate on the renovation existing bunkers. In addition to the bunker work the committee also recommended we complete irrigation improvements at the same time in order to be the most efficient with our time and money and to avoid future disruption of play when irrigation changes were necessary.
In April, the board of directors voted to approve the recommended project.
1. The bunker project includes: re-shaping and re-positioning of our existing bunkers as well as the removal of some bunkers; and replacement of the bunker sand to a product of much higher quality.
2. The irrigation project includes: New pipe and new irrigation heads on 16 holes. Each green will now have irrigation heads dedicated to the putting surface and well perimeter heads for the green surrounds. This new system will allow much more control of where we put the water and will result in better turf quality and more consistent greens.
3. Many of our green surrounds are contaminated with different grasses and along with the changes to our infrastructure we will be re-sodding the perimeter of our green with a better quality bluegrass.
4. The project was awarded to Duininck Corporation, Minneapolis. The project timeline will have a start date of August 11th, and a completion date of October 1st. We are hopeful the contractor will complete the work ahead of schedule.
We want to assure all of our members and guests that although there will be disruption to play during this process, at no time will the golf course be closed. As the contactor moves from hole to hole we will have a couple greens closed each day while the work is taking place, which will require the use of temporary greens. There may be brief periods when an individual hole may be closed. We will do everything possible to limit the disruption to play. The changes we are making will have a long term positive impact on our golf course.
We would like to thank the Green Committee/Master Plan Committee for their continued efforts in this project. This committee is comprised of Tom Conzemius, Paul Iverson, Scott Tuomala, Russ Moen, Paul Welle, Kevin Williamson, Eric Niskanen, Gary Rients, Bob Paine, Pam Johnson, Rick Grand and Tom Johannns.
Bemidji Town & Country Club
Board of Directors